Alleyn's Location Recce

 

Location Recce Part 4 – Alleyn’s & Townley Road

For the opening sequence of the film that establishes the character of Marco, I wanted to use a school setting. Luckily for me, I basically live in one at this point. Alleyn’s was a pretty obvious choice for the location here, and since I go there 5 days every week (sometimes more), it’s quite easy for me to figure out where I aim to shoot. The few shots I want in a classroom can be shot in the English corridor (I believe the exact room number is 211) as it gets good light and is the perfect, rather stereotypical, classroom. For the part where Marco runs out at about 400 miles per hour (give or take 20), I can just use the exterior of the main building and the route to the Lodge. Finally, for the last shot of the sequence, I’ll use the bus stop at the top of Hillsboro Road. Here, the camera will track Marco from the side as he walks into the bus stop, allowing me to transition seamlessly between the Dulwich setting to the Crystal Palace setting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fives Courts Location Recce

Graphic Plan

The Fly